Back to School Night
Did I pregame "Back to School Night"? If you don't know the answer, you will never ever really know me.
Yes, I totally did.
Last night, we had Pre-K orientation at Z's school and below are all the things I thought before we left the house.
- After a long walk, yoga and frying pork chops: "Hey, Ron, do I really need to shower? can't I just go like this?"
- Is this event open bar or BYOB?
- When Ron said I could I wear "whatever" I wanted, he totally meant these yoga pants with the hole in the butt, right?
- "NO YOGA PANTS WHY IS THIS COMPLICATED?" -Ron
- Can I pregame this event?
- "UGH, Fine. But only one bourbon." -Ron
- We are totally going to have to sit in those little chairs and my ass is a little bigger than I want it to be.
- Googles cost of little chairs just in case I break one and need to replace it.
- All of these other parents are totally gonna hate me.
- "I said NO YOGA PANTS." -Ron
Turns out, we barely talked to the other parents. It was mostly just listening to the new teacher, Ms. Donna talk about her policies and plan for the next year. Ms. Donna is a rockstar and I am so happy she will be teaching Z. Not only is she smart and tough, she loves academics. Even more importantly? Her theme for the year is "Character Matters." Kindness towards others is a big value she hopes to instill. Plus, they do yoga.
I am super excited for the school year and know Z is gonna love it.
And, I did not wear yoga pants or shame my family in the process. We'll call this a win.